Going to Belgium to participate a family member or partner

Going to Belgium to participate a family member or partner

For those who have a member of family or partner residing in Belgium, see if can put on to reside and work with Belgium for the intended purpose of household reunification.

The nationality of your family member and the family connection if you want to move to Belgium to join a family member or partner, different conditions and requirements apply depending on your nationality. This guide describes how exactly to make an application for a visa that is belgian permit, if needed, to participate family and live and work with Belgium:

EU/EEA/Swiss residents and their loved ones people

EU/EEA/Swiss nationals

If you’re from the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA – EU plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) or Switzerland, you can easily easily join your general in Belgium without the necessity to use for a Belgian visa. Nonetheless, you need to follow particular guidelines regarding enrollment as a foreigner. You will have to register at your neighborhood Belgian commune to be granted having a residence card that is foreigner’s. To find out more, see Expatica’s guide for EU/EEA and Swiss nationals going to Belgium.

Family unit members of EU/EEA/Swiss nationals

In Belgium if you are not from the EU/EEA or Switzerland, but your relative or partner is, you can be eligible to join or accompany them. Generally speaking, spouses, registered partners and kids under 21 of EU/EEA/Switzerland nationals have entitlement to a residence that is belgian for the true purpose of family members reunification.

But, your general in Belgium must certanly be registered during the commune that is local this could be done based on work, trying to find a task, research purposes or adequate resources. Your relative also needs to have health that is adequate and enough money to guide both by themselves and you also. Continue reading